Why are sulfates bad for me?
Sulfates are surfactants, which are used widely in bath, body & cleaning products to foam and dissolve surface grease. In fact, about 90% of all those products contain sulfates. They are found in shampoo, toothpaste, shaving foam, liquid and solid soaps, facial cleansers, hair color, dish washing and laundry liquids and powders.
The most well known and used are sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES). According to the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews SLS is linked to developmental/reproductive toxicity; irritation of the skin and eyes; organ toxicity; neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, ecotoxicology, and biochemical or cellular changes; possible mutations and cancer.
Your skin is designed to absorb whatever is applied to it straight into the bloodstream without filtering, going directly to your delicate organs. Needless to say, we and our loved ones face the above risks on a daily basis. It`s up to us to choose to love our skin and value our health or to continue using sulfate containing products, multiplying the risks.
Why is natural soap better for me?
You know I dont use harmful chemicals in my products, such as harsh sufractants or preservatives, so my soaps are good for you. But why exactly are they good? Well, here is why:
- No harmful harsh chemicals, which means no risk of irritation, dryness, skin and organs toxicity
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties of natural ingredients help to treat skin conditions like eczema
- Natural colorants, like herbs, spices, clay, mica and oxides reduce risk of allergies
- Natural and healthy – beneficial for your skin and overall health
- Made with ancient method proved to be good for centuries
- Mild cleansing properties – no stripping natural oils off your skin and hair
- Naturally contain glycerin – moisturizing product of soap making process
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals due to natural ingredients
- Naturally conditioning due to unprocessed natural oils & butters
- Come in a variety of colors and designs – each bar is one of a kind!
Why do I need to register on Nice Soap website?
We appreciate every single customer and love to share the goodness of our natural products. We often do specials, promotions and giveaways. We don`t want you to miss out, so we need to make sure we can notify you.
Why are Nice Soap products palm oil free?
Palm oil farming is detrimental to the Indonesian jungle – a natural habitat of endangered species like orangutans and tigers. Unfortunately, using organic palm oil does not nesseserily mean using cruelty free product. It’s been reported few companies may still sell ordinary palm oil claiming it to be organic. Child labor may also be used for organic palm oil production.
I also, just like many other natural soapmakers was using organic palm oil only in my recepies. Now, I am proud to announce that I do NOT use any palm oil in my bath and body care products anymore.
Everybody can make a difference.
For complete information on palm oil harmful effects and products containing palm oil refer to http://orangutanfoundation.org.au/palm-oil/